If you’ve recently moved MAS 200 data from one server to another, you might encounter the following error:
There are a few things to check before calling Sage’s tech support:
Yep. Permissions. It’s a simple mistake to make and it’s easily resolved.
- Just navigate to ‘C:\Program Files\Sage Software’ (or wherever your MAS 200/90 installation resides.
- Right-click on the ‘MAS 200’ directory, select ‘Properties’.
- Select the ‘Security’ tab and select the ‘Advanced’ button.
- Make sure that the permissions are correct; if not, correct them.
- Then check the box next to: ‘Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects’
- Then click ‘Apply’.
- Click ‘Ok’ on the warning that appears.
- Click ‘Ok’ to close the window.
(2) If #1 doesn’t fix your problem, then clear the ‘Spawn Session from Application Server’ check box.
Note: Do not perform this step if the check box was selected to resolve connection issues, for example “Connection failure to host…”
- Expand Modules, Library Master, and Main. Double-click User Maintenance.
- Select the user ID.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Clear the Spawn Session from Application Server check box.
- Click Accept.
- Repeat for each affected user.
(3) If the error still occurs, and the report is on the Custom Reports menu, the path and file name may be too long.
- Delete the report from the Custom Menu.
- Rename the file to a shorter name. Note: Try 55 characters or less for the entire path and file name. Some experimentation may be required. The exact length that causes the error is still being researched (as of v. 4.0)
- Add the report back to the Custom Menu.
If you are *still* having the problem then you should call MAS 200 tech support.