Autoresponse 1.6.2 (bugfix) released!

This version of autoresponse addresses a minor bug that could cause any text in the message body that resembles a “To” header to be replaced with something other than what the user intended. There was a fairly small chance that this would happen, but it’s an improvement nonetheless. You can find the new version on the projects page.

12 thoughts on “Autoresponse 1.6.2 (bugfix) released!

1. Doug Lytle says:

Thank you for the second link, I haven’t seen it. I planning on a reviewing both of them this weekend and see how I fare.

2. Doug Lytle says:

Actually, I have in my main.cf:

# User configurable parameters
    mydomain = drdos.info
    myorigin = $mydomain
    mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain

The output that you asked for is:

postconf|grep -i mydestination

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
    proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks $sender_bcc_maps $recipient_bcc_maps $smtp_generic_maps $lmtp_generic_maps
    relay_domains = $mydestination

3. musashi says:

Doug,

ok, now post the output of the following command:

postconf | grep mydestination

Basically, you want to be sure that your FQDN is listed in ‘mydestination’ (this option can contain more than one value as long as they’re comma separated).

4. Doug Lytle says:

postconf | grep relay_domains

fast_flush_domains = $relay_domains
    parent_domain_matches_subdomains = debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,permit_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,relay_domains,smtpd_access_maps
    relay_domains = $mydestination
    relay_domains_reject_code = 554

5. Doug Lytle says:

Hello.

Thanks for the script! I’ve been reading up on howtoforge and decided to give it a try.

I’ve been able to get responses only from my local domain, any outside mail coming in just goes to the mailbox.

I’m currently using virtual domains with mysql.

I’ve noted, that if it’s from my domain, I see:

relay=autoresponder

But from outside my domain I see:

relay=virtual

Are you using virtual domains as well. If not, that’s probably my issue and I’ll need to dig further.

Current setup:

Mandriva 2008.1
    Postfix 2.5.5

6. musashi says:

Thank you for using Autoresponse!

This shouldn’t be a problem because it’s specifying a different content filter.

-o content_filter=autoresponder:dummy

Tells postfix pipe that this “content filter” is just another link in the pipeline (more or less). If you’d like to know more, type ‘man 8 pipe’ from a terminal (… on a computer that has postfix installed).

Let me know how this works out for ya!

7. Hector G says:

Hi , firt at all , thanks for your software contribution, great work.

A little question about Autoresponse. In the master.cf , smtp inet line , I have a -o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/var/run/dspam.sock.

How can add autoresponse line if content_filter is already used.

Many Thanks.

PD: Sorry ,my english isnt very well (I live in Chile South America)

8. For@ll says:

Hi,

I’m have postfix+mysql, e-mail is stored in the database, or in this case is the ability to connect to the configuration of postfix + mysql + autoresponder?

Comments are closed.